Thursday, October 2, 2008

And here I thought I was just cleaning the Truck

Okay guys, I just had to share this story! Last Saturday I was going to be giving a few friends from our ward a ride to the Relief Society Broadcast so I went out to clean the truck. I took Morgan with me, because she just LOVES to pretend she is driving. She turns on the windshield wipers and the blinkers and thinks its about the coolest time ever. So, I am cleaning out the truck with her in the drivers seat, and I closed the door. BIG MISTAKE! She loves pushing buttons so much, and as soon as I closed that door I knew it was trouble. See, I was already in my church clothes for the broadcast, so I had no pockets, so I put the keys to the truck in the door panel. And Morgan pressed the lock key. So, here I was, outside the truck trying to convince her to press the unlock button, but she just kept locking it over and over again. Well, normally we would just get the extra key, right? Except when we went to Mexico, we hid it so nobody could break into our house and steal the truck. And guess what? It was a good hiding spot because neither of us could find it! Well, after calling the locksmith who gets kids out for free and him saying he couldn't be out here for another hour and a half, I decided to be proactive and call the fire department. Let me tell you, all the neighbors come out when you have a fire engine parked in front of your house!!!! Did you know the fire department doesn't have any special tools for getting into your car? They just want to take a screw driver and go at it! So, JD, being the loving truck owner that he is, said absolutely no way. Anyhow, we ended up finding the extra key after about 45 minutes, and Morgan was happy the whole time because she found a theater size box of candy in the center console! The keys are MOST DEFINATELY staying in my pocket or hand from now on!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Glad you got her out! At least she was not aware… sitting there eating on candy. Cute blog!


Hey at least he can make something! French Toast is not bad! HA!

Anonymous said...

A giant box of mike and ikes will keep anybody content for at least a little while

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Um, I would so love to see you this week too!! It's been way too long since I have seen you. So you better give me a call.

Jenny said...

Ha ha! Oh dear! Kids are so funny! It sounds like you and JD handled it pretty well. :)