Saturday, November 7, 2009

What do you think?

For months now, some of my friends have been getting involved in this co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Its where you pay 15 dollars and you take a laundry basket to a designated meeting spot on Saturday, and you get it filled with various fruits and veggies at a discounted price. The only draw back is, you get what they give you, so you don't get to pick what kinds of fruits and veggies you get. (Maybe its a bonus because it will force me to eat gross things like cucumbers???) Anyhow, here's our haul this week, for 15 bucks:


I am still debating on whether its a good deal or not. It's a head of green lettuce, one head of spinach, 8 ears of corn, 2 cucumbers, 10 oranges, 2 avocados, 1 cantaloupe, 12 kiwis, 4 onions, 7 tomatoes, and 9 apples. (we already ate two of them before we took the picture)
What do you think?

(but, in all fairness, these are super fresh foods, so they do taste pretty good!)

3 comments:

~pollyanna said...

Nikki and CJ do this too, and they love it... I have been telling everyone I know... We have been splitting a basket sometimes with some friends that are also empty nesters...

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Sounds like a good idea to me. I hate Veggies. I'll eat them if someone else cooks them but I don't like to. I'm gonna be the mom who wont force my kids to eat their veggies:) or just my luck they will love veggies and I'll have to cook them all the time.

RHulsey said...

It seems like a good deal to me.