Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can We Build It? YES WE CAN! Well...sort of

Yeah...sorry about the Bob The Builder title, but I just could not resist! Last week we had some friends over to make gingerbread houses and it was so much fun! Although I gotta say, its a little harder than I thought it would be!

This is our house. I am so proud. JD is such a little engineer, when it wasn't staying together with just frosting he started breaking toothpicks in just the right lengths to pin everything together! It is just like real life...he built the house, and I decorated it :) My personal favorite thing is our super cool caramel mailbox just to the right of our spice drop lined path. I am oozing with pride.

Here's an aerial view...so you can imagine what it would be like to be a tiny person flying in a pumpkin-pie plane because the whole world is made of food, of course. (also, this picture is to show off our awesome smarties shingles! That took a lot more time than you'd think...)

Everybody's finished products!

Morgan and Madison were so proud of their ginger bread house. Even though it ended up looking like this by the end of the night:

Seriously, what's Christmas like without a house that's falling apart anyway, right?
Happy Holidays!


4 comments:

k-lo said...

You go Bryt! I was just about to say it looks great, but wouldn't you let Morgan help?? Then I saw her house! You guys are so creative, looks like alot of fun, you should be oozing with pride. And as soon as I get my pumpkin pie plane running I'll be by!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Oh those looks so cute:)

Alicia said...

That is one cool house!!! I guess J.D. and you made a pretty cool one too!!! :)

RHulsey said...

i love your smartie roof. Genius, genius I say