Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ian's Blessing


"The name that we have given him is Ian James Eddy"

When JD said those words today in Ian's baby blessing, I was reminded how much of an awesome opportunity and responsibility it is to be a parent.

"Children are an heritage of the Lord" (Psalms 127:3)

I was reminded that these beautiful babies were given to JD and I, from our Heavenly Father and our first responsibility is to ensure they learn how to return to Him. I was reminded how much I love JD and his worthiness to bless our babies with sweet promises that they may "grow their own family someday within the ordinances of the temple" and "continue to share the gospel and bring joy to the lives of others."

I was reminded that generations have been preparing for each one of our children to come forth in this time. I was reminded, yet again, what a special spirit our little Ian is.


Today JD gave our baby a blessing and every single day the Lord blesses us with our babies. I'll do the very best I can with them, I promise.

4 comments:

RHulsey said...

That's so sweet Bryt. I hope we can do a good enough job with Connor.

Alicia said...

Such a great family!!! They are sweet little angels!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Such a sweet post. That little guy is so so precious and I don't mean precious in a creapy Lord of the Rings precious I just mean such a sweet and handsome boy:)

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Oh and I think you look so beautiful in your family picture. You can tell you are so happy with your little family.