Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Day, Today.

It started out pretty good,
I cleaned and the kids entertained themselves really well.
If you would have asked this morning,
I would have said everything was swell.

And by this afternoon,
the day still seemed just fine.
It had actually been quite lovely,
The kids had barely whined.

So here we are cleaning the truck,
I was determined to make it the cleanest in the land,
Morgan found a marker
and colored every inch of both her hands.

I kept my cool and let it slide,
tried not to be a nay sayer.
I bit my tongue until I tried to put in a cd-
Yes, those are pennies in the player.

Alright, I will admit, 
I kind of flew off the handle,
I got a little impatient,
and sort of began to ramble.

Morgan started crying,
-after all her mom was freaking out-
When she rubbed her teary eyes, I started laughing.
She didn't quite know what that was all about.

But, somebody, anybody please,
tell me if you could still be mad,
when your daughter's tears met her marker covered hands,
and she looked so very super-hero clad?



3 comments:

RHulsey said...

Ha ha! Ha HA! World class poetry pal.

Alicia said...

Loved the poetry and you are such a good mom! I would have freaked out past the point of being able to laugh over the marker face! Great Job...were you able to get the pennies out?
Connor has been sticking things in our wii (and many many other things) I think I might sell him on the black market :) J/K

Jenny said...

Love it! You are a fun mom! Sorry about the pennys.