Saturday, June 14, 2014

Bomb Diggity Dad

I am a little emotional at the moment, so please excuse me if this post is overly sappy. But, you see, the topic is very near and dear to my heart, which makes it harder not to be...well...enamored.

                      This guy:


  Oh, I just love him. The more time I spend with him, the more I realize I love him completely- every last little bit of him.

And so, I have to write a post to toot his Father's Day horn. He is the bomb-diggity of fathers. This guy has, for the last 4 years, spent every waking moment of his life not only providing (as in work) and presiding (as in still taking on the majority of the familial stress and decision making) but also teaching his children to be the best person they can be. Every minute was spent doing what he needed to do to be the best he could be in his 3 lives:
Work, School, Family.
 
When he was at work, he gave it 100%. He took extra shifts. He took extra responsibilities. And he took an awful lot of crap with very little appreciation.

At school, he managed to impress his professors so much that next year  he'll be teaching for TWO of them. Not to mention that the numbers speak for themselves- the man graduated cum laude (yeah buddy!) with a 3.67 general gpa and over a 3.85 in his chosen major.

BUT, while those lives are impressive indeed, it is the man he is after he fulfills those responsibilities that I love. It is the husband, it is the father. He comes home, and he manages to take our children out for Daddy-kid dates regularly. He never faltered on date nights twice a month with me. We went to bed together to spend time with each other every single night (minus about 5 when I fell asleep on the couch while he worked feverishly on papers).

 Our kids know he loves them, they know he will ALWAYS take care of them, and they know they want to be like him.

Why? Because, like I said, he is the Bomb Diggity.

1 comment:

RHulsey said...

That is quite a man there Bryt! I am glad he takes care of you guys so well because you deserve it!