Friday, September 19, 2008

Best Second Best Friend Ever

So I know this is kind of silly, but I just have to say that I am so glad I have Rochelle! Obviously JD is my first best friend (and it has to be said because sometimes people might wonder) but I just love Rochelle. We have been best friends since we were, what, four? I sucker punched her right in the chapel because she got the kindergarten teacher I wanted but didn't get. So many memories of us just being silly and loving it! We actually had our junior prom dinner at Sonic with a table cloth and flowers. She made a cricket jump on me once, and I am ashamed to say I stomped on her afterwards. We did crazy things like making a movie for a school project all about being stuck in a baby swing and tackling giant burritos. She helped me with the hardest times of my life and keeps helping me. I know I can tell her just about anything and not worry about it. She has seen my coolest eighties inspired outfits and still we are friends (which is saying a lot) and she has helped me break into my car countless times. We survived running with Coach Simon for long long runs together, and I am proud to say even now, four years after graduating high school (oh my gosh we are so old) we still keep in touch. Not just keep in touch, I talk to her nearly every day. I think I'd probably lose my mind if I didn't. Well, the point, is that I have always loved spending time with Rochelle, and now, with her having a baby any day now, I have realized that I really just love her. I am shockingly worried about her going into labor any minute now and I find myself wanting to include her in my prayers along with my husband and my daughter. We always used to joke about finding a way to get our cousins to get married or something so we could always, through a crazy family tree, have a way to find eachother in the eternities. We think we may have found this opportunity through Morgan and Rochelle's nephew, Trenton, but who knows? Basically, I am thankful for Rochelle and that I am lucky enough to have her at my text and call!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm truly and deeply touched. 2nd Best Friends FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS!!!!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Oh, that is the sweetest thing ever. Remember when you and Rochelle tricked me with your "broken" windsheild wipers? yep i sure do.