Friday, December 12, 2008

A little, okay a LOT sad

So I have come to the realization recently that my little girl is just getting to be such a BIG girl. She has decided she is too big to: 1) Cuddle her Mom 2) Let JD or me buckle her car seat 3)Basically have help in any way (eating, drinking, changing, the works)
Here are some pictures of her being a Mom to her little monkey. She got out this blanket and wrapped him all up and kept rubbing the side of his face and tucking him in.
I got out a bottle for her and a spoon with a tupperware bowl, and she went straight to it. She spent probably a half hour taking care of her little "bee bee"


So I guess my biggest problem with the whole thing is I am so conflicted. Everytime she does something like this, I am so proud of her and her grasp of the world around her. She picks up on things so fast and I guess I am doing a good enough job that she wants to pretend to be a mommy. But does she really need to be pretending to be a Mommy now?
She is just getting so SO big, and she is needing me less and less. She even DEMANDS that I leave her alone most of the time. Six months ago I was complaining she was too clingy, and now I would trade a night out at Texas Roadhouse for a night with her just cuddling me.
There is a song by Trace Adkins that the chorus goes like this:
"You're gonna miss this, You're gonna want this back, You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast, These are some good times, So take a good look around, You may not know it now, But you're gonna miss this"
The biggest difference between my life and that song is that I am painfully aware of HOW MUCH I really am going to miss this.
So here I sit, spending precious nap time writing about the daughter that I honestly miss just for the two hours away from her while she sleeps. She is such a perfect, wonderful, absolute joy!And now she's awake, and I can't miss a minute!!!



3 comments:

Alicia said...

That is soooo cute...I actually have that song on my blog and it is just so true! (it is also the song that I danced to at our wedding with my dad :)). Just wait until she has a little sibling to be mommy to, you will absolutely LOVE it! Hunter is ready to see Morgan everyday...he asks ALL of the time! Can't wait

RHulsey said...

I'm sorry best friend

Adam & Rachel said...

I really enjoyed reading that. Everything you said is so true. We just have to enjoy the NOW as much as we can....it's all a gift.