Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MONKEY PARTY!

When I realized Morgan was old enough to throw her a birthday party with her friends, I was SO excited. Not thinking I would really get an answer, I asked her what kind of party she wanted. Her response?


"Ummmm, MONKEY PARTY!"


Here is how it turned out:

All three kids swinging together, Morgan would look from Keegan on one side to Brandon on the other and say, "Keegan friend! Brandon Friend! Swingin!"

I made these monkey ear headbands last minute, I am glad I didn't spend more time on them, cause they stayed on for about a half a second!


We played a monkey bean bag toss, with tiny banana bean bags to throw into their mouths


So the cupcakes were MUCH easier than the whole cake! I am actually pretty proud of how these turned out!


The kids decided to take a small break to enjoy the treats before opening presents


I think Keegan was more excited about Morgan's presents than she was!

And Brandon snuck under the table with the present they brought for her, he was GOING to play with it!

Keegan and Morgan are always so sweet, I just love when we hang out with them. Keegan looks like he is only giving Morgan half a hug, but really its because he has some smarties stashed in his pocket that he was NOT going to let go of!

But I think the real highlight of the weekend was that Morgan's cousins, Mac and Elly, were able to come visit. They moved away right before Christmas, and Morgan is always SO excited to see them. As you can see, they just love seeing her too!

6 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

cute pics...that party looked like lots of fun. Those cup cakes are awesome and I really liked that picture of her will keegan. They look like a couple. PS: How is your sister doing? I didn't know they moved?

RHulsey said...

That picture of the half hug is almost as good as the picture of Morgan and Trenton. Also, I applaud your awesome party. And those cupcakes looked great!!!!

Alicia said...

That is so cute...you throw a good party! Good job on the cupcakes!!! Wow---just so cute...wish we were closer!

k-lo said...

Those are awesome cupcakes!!! The pic of Keegan and Morgan looks like they have been a couple for awhile now. He is so relaxed with his arm around her. That is a keeper, Sammy will be so jealous! By the way I have Morgan's sippy cup, found it in the car!

k-lo said...

Those are awesome cupcakes!!! The pic of Keegan and Morgan looks like they have been a couple for awhile now. He is so relaxed with his arm around her. That is a keeper, Sammy will be so jealous! By the way I have Morgan's sippy cup, found it in the car!

ashycam said...

That is so cute. The cupcakes turned out great. I would have never thought of what to do for a monkey party, but you made it work. Simple yet the kids seemed to love it.