Thursday, May 7, 2009

To Give is Far Better Than to Receive!


Here I was, average day, just doing the dishes while Morgan is forced to entertain herself because of my new cutback on TV time. When, lo and behold, one of the cutest moments of my motherhood happened:

Morgan came in and started "doing the dishes" in her kitchen, which is pretty normal when I am doing dishes. She goes through a whole routine, and has to have a little bit of real water in her fake sink, and she has to have a towel to dry after she has washed (dunked the dish in the sink.) Well, I had no clean dish towels (I know I know) so I gave her a paper towel.

After a few minutes of that, she disappeared behind our kitchen curtains. This too is pretty normal, and I silently bless her when she does it because she usually spends at least 15 minutes back there just looking at things in the backyard and quietly watching the dog and such. Well, before I knew it, she was tugging on my pant leg.

So, thinking to myself that was not nearly as long of a quiet sabbatical as I usually get, I looked down to see what she wanted. And that was when she handed me what I thought was just a wadded up paper towel. But then she said,



"Mom, I wrap it up. A present. Present for Mommy"



It wasn't much, it was actually a piece of an egg carton that I save cause they are handy to put her finger paint in. Anyhow, she continued to wrap up "presents" for me and bring them to me all through me doing the dishes. It was just so sweet. And the kick she got out of the whole thing was even better!


4 comments:

RHulsey said...

Oh that is just super precious. And sneaky too, wrapping presents behind the curtains. Good Job Morgan!

Alicia said...

She is SOOOOO cute! I can't wait to see you guys if you get to come up!

Alicia said...

P.S. You are one lucky Mama...happy Mothers day on Sunday!

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Oh that was too cute:)