Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Playing in Puddles

I have a confession to make: I tend to be one of those "no mess" mothers. You know the type...I find myself saying, "Ummmm, lets paint later..." because I don't want to wipe down the table again, or fight the kid to clean the layers of dried paint off her afterwards. Or I carry Morgan over the patches of snow that hardly ever show up around here, because heaven knows, muddy shoes would be a tragedy. And I need to make sure we all understand, that I am a "no mess" mother, not a "clean freak"...because see, my determination to keep Morgan out of messes is not because I am engaged in a life long journey to attain ultimate cleanliness. Its because I all too often find myself making choices based on the level of work they involve, not the level of fun.
Yesterday was a rainy day. Normally, we chill inside on rainy days. Yet for some reason, I was feeling adventurous, and we ventured out to play in the rain.
I loved it.
We were cold, but who cares? Hello, there were puddles for jumping in!
It was fun, and I learned a big lesson: Sometimes its okay to have to do some laundry and give your kid an extra bath, as long as the fun was worth it!





3 comments:

Alicia said...

Cute! And I know what you mean...I end up giving Connor 3 baths a day because he won't let us feed him anymore...
She's is a cuttie and I am glad you had fun!!!
and, Hunter says "Hi Morgie!!! I miss you."

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Playing in the rain can be fun:) I love her pink rain boots. Thanks for your comment. It meant a lot:) We did have some fun talks when we were at Dixie huh?! I loved having you as a roomie.

RHulsey said...

If I recall, we used to jump in puddles whenever we came across them during cross country. Especially if coach was nearby, heh heh.