Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break Staycation!

My husband is...pretty much amazing.  I was begging for a vacation for spring break. I begged and pleaded. I NEED camping. I NEED Vegas. I NEED, I NEED, I NEED...blah blah blah. Turns out what I needed, was my husband :) JD decided that since our lives were boring, consisting of school and work and kids, kids, kids...he would jazz up our week. A declaration was made: It will be a week filled of fun in St George!

Sunday after church we went for a family walk up to a pond and fed the ducks and fish. Those fish are GI-gan-tic. We are talking 2 foot long gold fish. CRAZY.
When we got home, we played ourselves a rousing game of Build It Sorry. And, may I say, Morgan didn't seem too sorry to keep kicking my sorry butt back to home.
Monday, after working on the Motorcycle, we went to the Wildlife Animal Museum. We had so much fun, and my kids have seriously asked to go back 3 times a week since then.
Gotta love my boys :)

Mom, do you SEE these animal tracks?

Ian never learned how to turn the binoculars the right way :)

So many scary bears. Everywhere. We should scream. Okay! (we didn't actually scream, as that would disrupt the museumish atmosphere)

Ian was obsessed with this fox. He just kept screaming, "Eat! Eat 'im! Eat him! He...EAT... TWEET TWEET!!!!"

I still am not sure if I believe this thing exists. It looks like a fraggle.

Oh my family is perfect...wouldn't you say?

Alright, so then, we came home and spent some time with Morgan on her bike. I am going to put up a post on that all for itself, because, hello, huge accomplishment.

Tuesday, JD had to actually be responsible- poo- and go to work. But before he did, we managed a picnic at the park for lunch.

We had a few other fun little outings throughout the week, and just a lot of family time, which is what I was really wanting anyway.

We finished up the week with the airshow, which the kiddies thought was awesome. Ian still loves, "Jettttt planes"


"He's upside down, Mom! He IS UP-SIDE-DOWN!"

The "copter-plane"

Okay, so maybe we didn't actually go to the airshow. Maybe we went to a church that was like a half mile away and free. But hey, my kids got to ride their bikes when it got boring :) And this is Morgan talking herself through a risky maneuver :)

She was so proud of herself :) And, as you can see, we are not the only church-user air show stalkers.

Ian kept laying his trike down on it's side (which took a lot of effort) so it could be on it's side like Morgan's.

The kiddos watching the planes

I just love him.

My favorite plane of the day :)



All in all, it was a great week. My family is all I really need.



1 comment:

RHulsey said...

AaaaH! I just love your little Ian and his faces! And I can't believe how big Morgan is. Also, I am surprised you can remain so calm with that giant bear stalking you. That is all.