Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Daddy One


Morgan has gotten to the stage where she refers to things as, "A little baby one" or "A mommy one" or "A Big Daddy One." It doesn't matter if it is 3 different size bouncy balls, or cups, or whatever it may be, the biggest one is ALWAYS "the big Daddy one."
I started thinking about that yesterday, and Morgan has really got everything figured out quite well. JD most definately has the biggest job, and along with it, some of the biggest stresses out of our little family.
The small hardships we are going through with the slow down in work weigh heavily on my handsome husband. But I want him to know, that the things he does BESIDES making the money for our family, are the things that Morgan and I love so very much about him.
I love when he looks over and notices that in the last half hour, I have cleaned the house and he says, "Whoa. Cleaned the whole house huh?" Which really, in his own little way means, "Holy Moly, look what you did, and I am thankful for it"
Sometimes, when I am all wrapped up in what I'm doing, and the house suddenly goes silent, I automatically go into a frenzy trying to figure out what Morgan is getting into. Then, I love it when I find Morgan in the garage with JD continuously poking him with a screwdriver telling him to "use dis one Daddy" and he is just patiently telling her, "Okay, I'll use that one in one little minute"
I love when he gets out of bed at 4:30 in the morning, gets ready as quietly as possible, and is out the door by 5:00 to provide for his family. I love that he does it, regardless of how hard it is for him, and that even when he has only gotten 5 hours of sleep, he is still thoughtful enough to try not to wake up Morgan, just so I can get a few more hours of sleep.
Morgan cycle's through her favorite songs pretty regularly, and the one she's been singing regularly lately describes it far better than I ever could:
(in Morgan's words)

"I love Daddy, Yessiree. He love Morgan, yessirree. I love Mommy yessiree. We are a happy Family."



3 comments:

Alicia said...

so cute!!! I LOVE those pics with the D A D !!!! Do you think I could borrow them?

RHulsey said...

She sure does look like you

John said...

Hey Brytani, thanks for inviting us to your blog! I love these pics. Very cute and clever.