Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Favorites

Our family just got home from our most recent excursion up to Salt Lake City. And it was a long one! This was probably my personal best trip up there, and there are lots of reasons why:
- Getting to know JD's grandparents better, who are living with his Mom. Seeing their day to day life as his Grandpa struggles with a terminal disease. Seeing his sweet Grandma hold her sick husband's hand and you can tell she is just trying so hard to squeeze every last drop of her love into that hand. Hearing his Grandpa telling jokes through it all.
- Seeing my cousins and spending the afternoon with my college roommate Amanda. I love how that never changes. I sat down on her couch and even though we had kids, it was like we were back to living with each other, just hanging out. Loved it.
- Hearing JD bless the sacrament in his parent's home, since his grandparents are too sick to make it to the ward. I cannot tell you how strongly I felt the Spirit, and knew, just knew that my husband's worthiness to hold the Priesthood of our Lord was the reason I was able to partake of the cleansing power of the Atonement that week through the Sacrament. I am so thankful for JD's strength to resist temptation and to follow where the Savior leads so that he can bless our family.
- Going to the air show with Annette and Morgan. There is nothing quite like seeing a permanent smile on your daughter's face
- Listening to Morgan get SO excited to say the "SNATCH THAT MONKEY RIGHT OUTTA THAT TREE" in a song Annette taught her
- Driving up to Randolph with Alicia and the friendship that's grown between us. I love the days we spend with her and her family.
- Watching Alicia's stroller go careening into a pond!
But most of all....easily my favorite moment of our trip:
-We were able to attend the Oquirhh Mountain Temple Open House. Before the walk through, we were ushered into a tent to watch a short movie on temples. I was so completely overcome. I know the temples are the house of our Lord. I know the ordinances we perform inside them are pure and binding. I know the temple is a Holy place, where we can learn to know our Savior and Brother. I know my Morgan felt that holiness as we walked the halls. It is amazing to me, that even when the temple has not yet been dedicated, it is still such a place of peace and safety. I will always be eternally grateful for my husband and the covenants we chose to make together in the only place on Earth that allows us to be together forever.

5 comments:

RHulsey said...

Good trip. I am glad you had so much fun

Alicia said...

Oh man...good fun!!! I will never forget that day. We love spending time with you guys as well!!! Hope to see you again soon! And tell Morgan, next time she better give me a hug :)

Alicia said...

Oh and...my Ipod and Speaker still work :) hehehe
The stroller just needed alittle pond scum to make it cleaner...hehe

Jordan & Rhonda said...

You serisously came and went and I didn't even get a phone call? Thanks. Glad you had fun though.

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

It was so great to see you!! I sure wished you lived closer so we could do it more often. We will have to plan a roommate weekend getaway!