Saturday, March 26, 2011

Changin' It Up..Again!

SO, we are moving! Again! But, hopefully this time it will be for a while!
We have been checking craigslist, ksl, and about 7 other property management company's websites for the last 6 months trying to gauge what is a good deal around here, and just waiting for the one we couldn't say no to. Plus, with all our requirements (keeping Howie, 2 car garage for all our junk...) it has been interesting, to say the least, trying to find a place in our budget.
BUT- last week this townhouse showed up on KSL and I almost didn't even call on it because there were no pictures and I figured it was a waste of time. I decided to go ahead and put forth the effort, and I am glad that I did. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a 2 car garage for 700 a month, including water and landscaping. SO, it's a little pricier than what we were hoping, but it is still a screamin' good deal. And they are letting us keep Howie :)
Here is a link to one of the other units in the complex that is for sale,  it has pictures so you can see what it's like. Our place has the same floorplan, but there's no tile.
Anyhow, I have been back and forth on whether this is a good idea or not. We have been so blessed to have a place to stay here with Dave and Annette, and I am so nervous about the price we may pay  in stress because of the cost of rent. But every time I pray about it, it feels right. And I am able to calm down and stop hyperventilating. (for a few minutes at least)
The best part about this place is that it is less than 5 minutes from Costco, and barely more than that to the college. Right now JD is spending almost 2 hours of his day just driving to school and back, and then to work and back. With this place he will be getting an hour and a half of that time back. Us too, we will get him for a whole hour and a half more!
There are lots of reasons why I am excited, but I am also going to miss so much from living here. When we moved here, I had a really hard time being away from my family and friends and I feel like we were given the opportunity to live here as a blessing from Heavenly Father so that I wouldn't have to ever be alone. When Ian wouldn't sleep at all at night, Annette watched the kids so I could nap during the day. And I am a little jealous about this one, but I just can't make JD laugh the way that Sam can.
I guess there is a good and a bad to everything, but at least the things that are bad about us leaving are really things that were great about us being here.
All I know, is ever since we moved to St George, it's been nothing but blessings. I hope we can stay humble enough to keep them coming!

4 comments:

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Yay, it's so cute. So happy for you guys.

Alicia said...

That's awesome!!!! It looks nice and spacious! Can't beat the price either! Way to go! Hope we can come and visit you over spring break :)
Mom said she is scared of how bored she is going to be :( She will miss you guys!

RHulsey said...

I am just so excited for you guys!!! When are you moving? Will you be in the new place by the time I am in good old SG?

Savannah said...

I should have gotten a blog a long time ago. I love reading about your life:)