Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hamster Hooplah

This afternoon Morgan was seriously upset. Majorly even. Because, you see, her mom made her come home from the neighbor's house before she was ready and well, in her words
 "That made her feelings hurt really bad!!!!"
 Anyhow, she is crying and I am doing my best to ignore it and not snap at her while I am trying to let her work out her feelings and she says,


"I have to go back to Conner's! I have to! I have to find their hamster! That girl, I think she is the sister, hers hamster is lost and I have to help find it!"
That was random enough to get my attention. "What? They lost their hamster?"
"Yes Mom! It's lost! It was just in a ball and I just picked up the ball and I threw it and the lid camed off and the little hamster just runned under the couch in a dark spot!"


"Wait?! YOU lost the hamster?"


"Ummmm....yes."


This is the part where I am thinking about how much I don't want to walk over to the neighbor's and tell them that my daughter enabled a small furry animal to be running rampant around their house. 
So I asked, "Did you tell anyone?"
"Yes! I just telled the sister. And the Mom. I telled them the truth."


And even though I still have a rodent-releaser, I am extremely proud of her.

2 comments:

RHulsey said...

Oh that made me laugh so much. What a good girl. Ha ha ha. She ain't never coming over once Connor gets rats.

Savannah said...

love it!