Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Family


As everyone is aware, yesterday was voting day! Well, JD, Morgan and I have worked very hard passing out door hangers and working to share our passion for Prop. 102 with our community.
Prop 102 is similar to Prop 8 in California, it states that Marriage is between one man and one woman, period. Our family took our hour at the polling place, holding the sign and answering any questions anyone had about the proposition, and, as you can see, even Morgan got involved! I was so proud of our state when the numbers came in, and Arizona's constitution will now have an amendment classifying marriage as it should be. I am thankful Arizona has decided to do this, but it still makes me a little sad it had to be an issue in the first place.

Lately JD and I have just been worrying about the economy and how things are right now, and we don't know for sure how anything is going to play out. Last night, as I sat near tears just from built up stress, I was comforted and distinctly felt, "Your family is sure. The gospel is sure. The Lord is sure." My worries were gone, and I knew even if we lost everything, I would still have JD and Morgan would still have her parents. That is what is important, and I am so grateful for the temple and the covenants that bind regardless of the turmoil that surrounds us.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I have been stressed and worried too, and I am finding comfort in the gospel as well.

Melody said...

I have been doing the same for prop 102! I am glad it passed! I am glad we all can find peace through the gospel! We are blessed!


Plus I love your three blind mice costumes! CUTE!