Thursday, September 3, 2009

SO many things!!

We have had a lot going on recently, so I thought I would just go ahead and do a quick post about all the stuff we have been doing lately!

~ Most exciting, yesterday we were able to go get the first ultrasound done of the new baby. I am only 14 weeks, so determining the sex of the baby was iffy at best, so they decided to just not tell us their suspicions and wait for another EIGHT WEEKS to find out. It seems like forever to me, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it.
This ultrasound was so amazing to me. So different than with my first pregnancy. When I went in while I was pregnant with Morgan, it was cool to see everything, but I still felt no connection to the thing growing inside of me. This time around, I already know how precious Morgan is to me, so seeing this new member of our family was exciting, and I am already starting to love the little "peanut".
Plus, the thought had never crossed my mind with Morgan, but I have been so terrified, like really chest-tightening terrified of losing this baby. So it was such a relief to not only see everything is fine, but to see the little guy/girl moving around and wiggling so much. It was like a weight lifted off my shoulders.
I cannot wait for the little one to be here, not because I am SO done being pregnant, but because I am really genuinely excited. I know its a long ways off to be excited already, but I just can't wait!
~ Also very wonderful, yesterday while I was at the doctor's office and I mentioned to my doctor that we are still not covered by state insurance, and he basically got so ticked I was shocked. His office took care of everything, and I am now covered! (its some sort of temporary coverage, so unfortunately the whole headache is not over entirely, but at least I have the peace of mind for a little bit!)
~ I AM SO PROUD OF MY MORGAN! It has been a week and a half since we started potty training, and we have only had a total of 3 accidents! She wakes up dry every morning, and always tells me when she needs to go. She looks at me and excitedly says, "Ope! I got some!" and then off we go running to the potty for her to do her business. Its so great, and she has learned so fast!
~ JD got hired on at Costco, for more hours and a permanent position, where as before he was just limited part time. He received the position because of what a hard worker he has been there, and every time I go in I am stopped by more than one other employee who wants to gush about how wonderful my husband is. It makes me smile.
~ And, lastly, we are so excited for our trip up to Salt Lake City next weekend. JD's brother, Alex, just returned from a mission and we are both looking forward to welcoming him home!

Well, I think that's it. For now!

3 comments:

RHulsey said...

That is so many things! I am excited for your baby. And so proud of Morgan.

Alicia said...

Yay for Morgan and yay for JD and yay for you and the insurance and yay for coming to SLC!!! yay yay yay

k-lo said...

I am so happy for you and JD! Danny wanted to know if Costco had any early morning stocking jobs open, can you have Jd call him, please.
I am so glad that you are so excited about this baby, Morgan will be such a great big sis! Congrats!