Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catch Up, not Ketchup

Its been a little while since I've blogged, with a lot that went on during the time I missed! So here is a quick little catch you up:

Christmas was great, we got to go spend about a week and a half with JD's family up in Salt Lake, so we definately got a white Christmas!!! I am just a snow hater, so I wish it could have just been a white Christmas with sun every other day, but what can you do? I realized I had hit an all time low when I went outside and thought it was nice enough that I didn't need a coat, then started the truck and the thermometer read 37 degrees!!!!

The snow did have its perks though, and we went sledding twice with Morgan and her cousins. She is about as big a fan of the snow as I am though, so she was happy as long as she was being held or on the sled. But put her feet in the stuff, and you had one unhappy kid!


On Christmas Eve, Annette (JD's Mom) did a quick Christmas devotional with the grandkids. It was so cute, and short enough to keep their attention. She made these cool gloves with the main people from the Christmas story on each finger, it just went really well!



Our Christmas morning was so awesome, Morgan is old enough now to really get excited and animated about things, so her face was probably the best gift I got this year. Well, that and JD's enthusiasm even about the gifts I was afraid he wouldn't get excited for. I am sort of afraid I dropped the ball on my gift though, JD got me what I wanted the very most, but I don't think I acted excited enough for it (a carpet cleaner) just because I already know what it was, and was more interested in watching everybody else. BUT now that we are home, I cannot wait to get our live tree out of the house so I can go to town steam cleaning!!!!





All in all, I think the trip went really well! We had a few "mine" mishaps with three toddlers running around but I really think they all (especially Hunter, his toys were all the buzz) did EXTREMELY well sharing!!
It was just a great great time, and I will blog about some of the other activities we did while we were up there later, this is long enough and I can hear the laundry calling to me...well nagging actually!


We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and good luck with all your resolutions!

4 comments:

RHulsey said...

Thank you! Good luck with your resolutions too! I drink so so much water now thanks to your idear.

Alicia said...

I hope you guys did have some fun. It was great to see you!

Melody said...

A vacum steamer...you are my kind of gal! That is something I would want for Christmas! Funny... the type of things you want for Christmas when you are older! HA! Glad you had a great Christmas!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun here. I hear you on the whole snow thing! Hate It!! A steam cleaner is a great present. I find myself getting excited about those kinds of gifts now too....What happened to the good ol' days when all we wanted were clothes and fun things that?