Friday, January 23, 2009

Missing my Man

So, you'll have to forgive me, its a little later than I usually blog, so things are likely to get a little iffy here. You have been sufficiently warned...
JD is on a campout. A very snowy, cold campout. Yet somehow, I KNOW I will be the one who gets the worse nights sleep tonight! It always goes this way, I stay up till the wee hours of the morning just so I will be too exausted to hear every bump in the night while I am laying in bed. And chances are, even if I go to bed at 4 in the morning, I will still lay there for a half hour debating on whether that is the house settling, or someone coming through the back gate. Great, now I know what I'll be thinking about tonight, since the image is in my head already!
Needless to say, there are a few things I don't like about the campouts. I don't like spending the night alone, I don't like putting Morgan to bed on my own, and I don't like getting up all alone in the morning. BUT, I do like how those things I hate so very much show me how much I should cherish my marriage.
Could I make it through a whole lifetime without JD, when I can't hardly make it through one night? I think its safe to say its not likely. I love having him here with me, being a husband to me and an amazing father to Morgan. He takes care of us, and does what he thinks is best for all of us. He makes me feel safe. And I realize now, that while it seems I can't trust him to rinse his dishes, I trust him with everything important in my life without question. I go to bed at night knowing I will be alright in the morning, and taken care of through the night. Our family is led by a good and righteous man, that has my loyalty, even if it means I have to put up with a camp out now and then!

4 comments:

Melody said...

I know how you feel! I had two weeks of Mark being gone once! I had bags under my eyes each day! Although it is good to know that when I was away at girls camp one year...Mark was feeling the same way! Hope you get sleep tonight!

RHulsey said...

Maybe you should share the whole, "get rid of the evidence" plan with JD, and then you can even trust him with rinsing dishes.

Alicia said...

So true-I know just how you feel! But I guess I already told you why I hated when Lynn went to B-Ball...

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Oh I can sympathize. Josh just left a little bit ago for 4 nights and I thought the world was going to end. I hate sleeping alone, I even hate that the house is always quiet. What would we do without our men??