Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun at a Museum, are you serious??? Yes, Indeed I am.


While we were in Salt Lake, Morgan's Grandma took her to the Treehouse Childrens Museum in Ogden, and Sam, JD and I got to tag along for the adventure. It was so much fun! That place is crazy! It is this big 2 story building with a gigantic tree in the middle (its fake but still oh so cool) The tree has stairs all through the trunk, and a tunnel slide that winds through the trunk and back down to the bottom floor. As if that doesn't make the place a children's haven all on its own, it is PACKED FULL of cool stuff for kids (and adults, I'll admit I was seriously intrigued, okay ENTHRALLED with a lot of the stuff)

So we started our journey through the treehouse with a stop at the Christmas Village, it was donated to the museum and it is the most extensive collection of those tiny Christmas houses I have ever seen! The ferris wheel behind Morgan is part of the amusement park in the Christmas Village, I know, not the Christmassiest picture of a Christmas Village, but still pretty impressive.



After our visit to the Village, we moved onto the music room. AND I HAVE TO SAY THIS ROCKED! There are drums (real live cool drums not toys) and xylophones and did I mention how cool the drums were? You should have seen Annette going to town on some of those big boys (just to get the kids excited of course)


We then passed by a room dedicated to the Presidents of the US, all decked out like the oval office, and stopped to do some arts and crafts because art is still Morgan's true love. Then we hopped over to this giant map of the United States and played a quick game of "Find what mom says and stomp on it" Here she is finding the fish and pointing it out with pride!



Further down the hall there is this room with Porcelain dolls on every inch of the wall, and a doll house in the middle. Morgan loved that, and put all those dolls "Night Night" in a hurry.

THEN we got to the most AWESOME, COOLEST, UNDENIABLY MY FAVORITE room ever! Morgan was not real impressed, but the midevil corner was my fave, if you cannot tell from my enthusiasm. They had dress up, with a stage for the kids, and two puppet stages and more dress up and a whole area just for chess! So yes, I'll admit, I am a sucker for the old days and yes, I wish I lived then if only they had toothbrushes and regular showers. And probably toilets. Okay, so I am glad I live now, but still, SO COOL.


We finished up downstairs with these little houses all done up from the countries around the world, this tunnel through the German house was Morgan's favorite. A secret passageway perhaps?


But, you can always count on a kid to absolutely fall in love with something an adult would easily overlook anytime. I think she crossed this bridge, ran back to the beginning, and crossed it again about thirty times!


This was my favorite day in Salt Lake, hands down. Okay wait, Christmas was pretty good too. Umm, a tie maybe? Anyhow, thanks for taking us Annette, we won't be forgetting that good of a time anytime soon!

3 comments:

RHulsey said...

I wish with all my heart that we could both go to that museum one day and play that giant chess.

Alicia said...

That is great!!! I can't wait to take Hunter...to bad he was sick.

Adam & Rachel said...

cute pictures. man...i wanna go there. Morgan looked like she had a great time. PS: i like your hair...the color and the cut...very cute. :)