Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Be Cool, Stay in School (or go back to a trade school cause that counts)

I just signed completed my first module in my program for medical transcription. I gotta be honest, I am a little bit scared. There is a lot of stuff to learn, and it is a huge commitment. I mean, I have to not only learn what the ligament is that connects my foot bone to my leg bone (and yes, that is as extensive as my medical knowledge is currently) but I also have to learn how to spell it correctly! Who wouldn't be scared by that?
But, I am also so very excited! It has been a long time since I have been actively involved in learning anything. Learning to be a Mom and learning along with Morgan has been enough for me so far, and I would be happy with that forever, but there is nothing wrong with expanding my knowledge further. And I am very excited to do that, and to challenge myself with all this new stuff.
Plus, if you would have asked me two months ago if I could keep my house clean and organized as well as I have this last month, I would have told you it was never ever going to happen because I just couldn't do it. But I've learned when you expect more of yourself, you can do it. Its not impossible to add one more thing to your plate, you just have to figure out how to fit it all on there! (go to golden corral if you don't believe me...haha so corny)
I won't go on, just thought I'd write a quick blurb since blogging is basically my form of journaling and scrap booking. You know, for posterity's sake, so I can explain to the kids exactly why I was crazy in 2009!

2 comments:

RHulsey said...

You are my hero Brytani! Not only for taking this major step to better yourself and help out your family, but also because you can fit so so much on your plate at the golden corral.

Alicia said...

Your amazing! I think that is wonderful for you to be able to expand your knowledge...but oh man it would be difficult. I don't know how I would go back to school after not being in it for so long...but I know YOU will do wonderfully. Thanks for being such a great mom and wife to my brother and neice!!! We LOVE YOU!