Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Busiest Week of the Year


It seems like I am blogging daily, but thats just how this week goes! February 25th (Wednesday) was JD's birthday, February 26th (Thursday) was Morgan's birthday, and my birthday is this upcoming Tuesday (March 3rd) Needless to say, there are lots of occasions to blog!

Like I said, Morgan's birthday was yesterday, and I just cannot believe how much I love to see that girl smile. I would give her gifts everyday if it would not A) cost ridiculously lots of money and B) spoil her into being a little priss. Anyhow, our day started out pretty normal, except I felt guilty anytime I wasn't giving her my undivided attention since it was her birthday. We didn't do anything real special until around 6 when my family came over and we went to dinner at this little Mexican restaurant, they had all these crazy desserts for Morgan to choose from since it was her birthday, but we ended up just getting a bowl with 3 cherries in it because we knew she would like that best anyhow!
First of all, I have a bone to pick with all of you (Rachel and Lindsay) who blog about decorating cakes and yours are beautiful, and you have never said a darn thing about how hard it is! I think, it is very likely I made the UGLIEST cake out there. I know its bad because I have told JD about a trillion times I was making a monkey cake and he still had to ask what it was because he didn't want to assume it was something else and hurt my feelings! And yes, I do realize this cake is likely to end up on websites about how NOT to do a cake, but I don't even care!

She didn't quite understand the whole blowing out the candles thing, but being the ham that she is, she was more than delighted to have us all crowd around her and sing Happy Birthday!





Morgan made out like a bandit, she always does on holidays, because as I said, nobody can resist that smile! I am a little sad though, because I forgot to wash her face before presents, so she has one filthy mug in all these pictures, but oh well, she's still stinkin cute!


Opening the Kitchen:





Reading her very cool Grover and Elmo hide and seek book:

Look Mom! A Dress!



A Sesame Street Doctor's Kit (the stethoscope is Cookie Monster and he says, "Ooooh, strong heartbeat, but just in case, eat two cookies and call me in the morning")


This is an Elmo doll that asks for hugs and when you hug him he says all sorts of gushy Elmo-esque things:


Holy Moly! Food for my kitchen!
You can't hardly see the gift in the picture, but she is riding on a tricycle she got from her Grandparents. She loves that thing, within 10 minutes she had gathered up all her new toys and put them in the dump bucket/basket on the back of the trike!
And last, but not least in my book: I LOVE this picture because look at how well my Mom's wrapping job is foiling Morgan AND Darci. So great!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

SOOO cute...I bet she loves the kitchen, now if we ever get the chance to come visit at your house Hunter will have an item he will be used to...of course that could be a bad thing (mine, mine, mine). I hope she had a wonderful day, sorry we forgot to call back after her bath!

RHulsey said...

I don't think the cake is that bad. remember the awesome cake we make for kellie with the complete with pop eyes and hair pic?

Lindsay said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun!

With the cakes, keep in mind the pictures I posted of my cakes were only AFTER I took a decorating class! Feel free to drop by sometime and I'll show you all of my cake pictures that I would never dare show the whole world!

It was really fun to take a class though, you should do it! I just went to JoAnns, nothin fancy!

ashycam said...

I thought the cake was cute. I knew what it was right off. Good job. and happy birthday JD and Morgan.

Adam & Rachel said...

Dang! She did pretty well on the present train this year. Looks like a whole lot of fun and yes she is darn cute with a messy face and her little pig tails.