Monday, February 23, 2009

Moments like this

I have to admit, every few months, I get reminded of the overwhelming responsibility it is to be a parent. My Morgan is so happy and playful, and funny practically all the time, that its easy for me to just coast through being a Mom enjoying this perfect time in our lives when I am entertained all day by the person I love so very much. Before I was a Mom I didn't know it was possible to feel that strongly for one tiny little person. And it seems, after a few months of me just doing things the way we do around here, I will find myself in the middle of a panic attack, realizing how wonderfully perfect my daughter is, and I want to do everything in my power to keep her that way. So many of our moments together hold so much pure joy, they seem to be the mirror image of how happy I would feel to be sitting with our God. I am so terrified that everyday holds the possibility of pulling her further away from Him, and molding her to be less like Him. But, then there are moments like tonight, when I can relax a little, and realize things are going just great for now, because my nearly 2 year old daughter (all on her own) said this prayer tonight:
"Father, Howie outside, and Keegan, food, Mom, Howie, Dad. Jesus, Amen"
Seriously though, a single prayer has never made me feel such peace and happiness as that simple statement of thanks from my little girl (even if she says she's thankful for the dog twice and me just once). And I pray, with the help of our Father in Heaven, she continues to say prayers like this for the rest of her life.

2 comments:

RHulsey said...

That is so cute. Sweet little girl.

Alicia said...

That is precious!!! We miss you! Very cute story! I couldn't agree more!