Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Made it Through!


Today was Morgan's dental surgery, and the whole thing went really well! I had a small breakdown when I had to sign a form that stated I would not sue the dentist, anesthesiologist, or facility in the event that Morgan didn't wake up from the anesthesia. (What Mom wouldn't have a hard time with the chance, regardless how small, that your baby might not wake up?) Needless to say, I was really nervous for the whole thing, and am so thankful for priesthood blessings and the peace they can bring to a worried mother's heart!
Morgan is just amazing. She really just rolls with the punches, I could stand to learn a lot from my sweet little girl! When she had to change into the gown and hair cap and all that jazz she just took it right from the nurse and started having fun. (I'm sure the fact that the first thing they did when we came in was open a big drawer full of every kind of stuffed animal ever created didn't hurt Morgan's impression of the place)
Anyhow, when the anesthesiologist came in and picked her up, she seemed a little surprised, but didn't cry at all as he carried her out of the "parent/child separation" room and took her into the O.R. I am thankful for that most of all I think, because if she would have been scared and crying as they carried her away, I would have had a really hard time for that hour in the waiting room.

The hardest part of the ordeal was when they came out and said she was awake and alert but that she was pretty upset and that we still couldn't see her for another 15 minutes. I just kept imagining I could hear my screaming baby and it really hurt to know I couldn't do anything to help.

But, eventually they took us back, and I had to hold the poor girl down for another 15 minutes because she kept trying to rip the IV out of her arm. Besides that little set back, everything really went fantastic.

She is so brave, and I realize a lot of it is just her being naive to what happens in a hospital, but I couldn't help but swell with pride every time a nurse or doctor would comment on what a great personality she has.



I am so glad to have her, and so thankful that my Heavenly Father blessed me with her!

5 comments:

RHulsey said...

She is so cute. I am very glad it all went so well.

Alicia said...

I am sooo glad that it went well!!! I need to call you guys...probably tomorrow :)

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Why did she have to do all that?

Melody said...

I feel for Morgan. I don't know work she got done but anything dealing with teeth or the mouth....I can relate . You are a good Mom and Morgan is lucky to have you too.!

k-lo said...

So I was going to comment on Morgan, but just to let you know we are still in the ward, we are actually a little closer to you, off of Porcupine Pass, Danny will be home tomorrow moving the last of everything over, I have to go to FLag for work. We love you guys too and do know that you are one who always show up!!! By the way I think your clothes are cuter than mine!!! But I refused to believe that we were going to move so I couldn't ask for help becauce I had made up my mind that it would not happen!!! Thanks for your support and if you have an idea for an activity I would love some inspiration!